Honestly, it’s been forever. I have had posts and posts growing in my belly for such a long time, and I’ve missed the blog so much! It’s been a season of craziness… working full time, volunteering, moving house, traveling, being sick, and beginning my Pilates course to become a certified instructor!
So… I’m back. And going to start blogging regularly again. This will NOT become like the diary of my childhood, written in fits and bursts and then suffering massive famines of writing. Anymore. (Anyone else actually apologised to their private diary for not writing in it for a long time?)
I won’t bother to cover absolutely everything I’ve been doing; this post would get ridiculous. Instead I’ll share some favourites, including:
- Hanging out with this sick-ass dog (not my dog)
- Hanging out with my sassy and fabulous housemate Kelsea (can’t believe that we’ve only got 6 months left to live together! I might cry), either going out or staying home and watching Jessica Jones (guys it’s amazing but if you don’t like blood in large amounts don’t do it);
- Traveling to the Blue Mountains for a hiking trip (I don’t know why the photo quality is so terrible), with my two other lovely Dutch housemates Marije and Felice, who I’m sorely missing;
- Went to Perth with the boyfriend, and met his hilarious and lovely family including the cutest fantastickest perfectest baby;
- Lost our apartment, BUT were blessed with an incredible one to stay in- for free!!!- for six months, right on the coast of Sydney’s Northern Beaches. It’s. just. beautiful. I’m so grateful, and we’re gonna squeeze every last drop of enjoyment out of this place until January;
- And of course, eating delicious things…
My life looks quite different from the last time I posted. And I’m scared, it’s hard, it’s full of joy and I’m loving it. There are a couple things on my mind to talk about, so I’ll blog again when I have time. Things like how I’ve been trying to learn how to disassociate from stress (a bit like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy I suppose), and reflecting on priorities in life and what’s really the most important.
I’ll also try to fix up the shocking photo quality you see here. Jeepers creepers.
For now, I’ll leave you with what I believe is the newest revision of the healthy eating food pyramid, just FYI. I endorse this completely*.
*I do not endorse this, but I partly wish it were true. Except I would miss peanut butter.
Until soon, lovelies xx